About Dr Robert P Goldman
With over thirty years in medical practice, Dr. Goldman has witnessed the development of modern American medicine. Many wonderful new treatments, vaccinations, medications, surgeries and therapies have prolonged the lives of most Americans. Still, we are plagued by many chronic ailments and stresses that reduce the pleasures of that prolonged life. Dr. Goldman appreciates that the current overemphasis on synthetic pharmaceutical medications has not solved all our chronic medical problems, and at times, makes them worse.
As a Holistic practitioner, Dr. Goldman appreciates the wide range of options available. Holistic medicine is inclusive. It includes many Complementary and Alternative therapies without rejecting mainstream Allopathic medicine that is the basis of Dr. Goldman’s medical school, residency and years of continuing medical education.
Dr. Goldman does not just treat body parts. Each patient is unique and whole. All medical problems come in the context of your life. This includes your social, family, work, mental, spiritual and medical environment. Dr. Goldman chooses from many options to offer patients a course of therapy that suits their physical, emotional and spiritual needs. He wants to know how he can help you as the complete person that you are.
Dr. Goldman has long had a special interest in hormone balance. Often ignored by mainstream Allopathic medicine, small hormone imbalances can lead to big problems. Dr. Goldman can do extensive hormone evaluation. Virtually the entire spectrum of human hormones is now available as real, bioidentical replacement hormones. He can prescribe them as needed for supplementation of ovary, testicle, thyroid and adrenal glands.
In today’s rapidly changing world of Menopausal information, Dr. Goldman keeps up with the latest information on: hormone replacement,
Bioidentical Hormones, compounding pharmacies and the wide variety of available compounded hormones and medications, natural and herbal
therapies, as well as information on breast cancer, bone health and women’s heart disease. Menopausal management must be individualized
to your personal needs.
Male Hormone Supplementation (Andropause)
Over the years of Dr. Goldman’s treatment of female hormone disorders, he has been asked many times where their husbands and male
companions might receive similar treatment. Being unable to find other Atlanta physicians using an approach for men that paralleled
his philosophy of female hormone balance, Dr. Goldman began a search for appropriate sources of information in Male Hormone physiology.
After extensive study, many graduate medical courses and treatment of a select group of men, Dr. Goldman has now opened his practice
for the treatment of male hormone issues. Here too, Holistic treatment is of paramount importance. A man’s entire medical, life style
and personal goals and issues must be considered. As with the women, natural Bioidentical Hormones are used to restore natural vigor
health and performance. Using laboratory testing, hormone levels are monitored to ensure adequate supplementation while avoiding overmedication.
General Office Gynecology
Of course, Dr. Goldman is still happy to provide routine Gynecologic care including Pap smears, birth control, sexual health, pelvic pain and all aspects of female health.
- Born in New Rochelle, NY, in 1947
- Public Elementary and High School in New Rochelle, NY
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, Bio-Medical Program
- Albany Medical College, Albany, NY
Post Doctoral Training
- Internship and Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Long Island Jewish Hospital, New Hyde Park, NY
- Queens General Hospital, Queens, NY
- Over thirty years in the active practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- During his career, Dr. Goldman delivered over 7,000 babies, incorporating new medical information and technologies as they arrived, including fetal monitoring, obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound, laparoscopic and laser surgery, hysteroscopic surgery and endometrial ablation.
- With a long interest in safe, non-invasive and natural medicine, Dr. Goldman has done extensive study in Complementary and Alternative medical techniques culminating in his board certification in Holistic Medicine.
- As a “Baby Boomer” himself, Dr. Goldman has special interest in Menopause, Male Aging and Hormone Balance. This has led him to certification in Menopause Management by the North American Menopause Society. Along with his studies of female aging, Dr. Goldman has done extensive study and taken many Continuing Medical Education courses in the aging man.
- To concentrate on menopausal issues, holistic medicine and hormone balance, in 2005 Dr. Goldman stopped obstetric care as well as major surgery. His practice is now limited to office practice and less invasive, outpatient surgical procedures.
- 1975 – 1977 Major, US Army
- 121 Evac Hospital, Seoul, Korea
- Ireland Army Hospital, Ft. Knox, KY
- 1977 - 1999 Private Practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- South Fulton Ob-Gyn, East Point, GA, and Union City, GA
- 2000 - 2008
- Alpharetta Women's Healthcare, Alpharetta, GA
- 2008 - present
- Corporate name change from Alpharetta Women's Healthcare to Georgia Hormones P.C. to parallel the Web Site and following the addition of male patients
- Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA – active
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology www.acog.org
- Member, American Holistic Medical Association www.holisticmedicine.org
- Member, North American Menopause Society www.menopause.org
- Member, Bioidentical Hormone Society www.bioidenticalhormonesociety.com
- Former Chief, Dept of Ob-Gyn, South Fulton Hospital
- Former Vice Chief, Dept of Ob-Gyn, South Fulton Hospital
- Former Secretary, Medical Staff, South Fulton Hospital
- Former Chairman, Utilization Review Committee, South Fulton Hospital
- Former Chairman, Bylaws Committee, South Fulton Hospital
- Ob-Gyn Representative, Utilization Review Committee, Northside Hospital
Licensure and Board Certification
- Active license Georgia
- Inactive licenses New York, Kentucky
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Holistic Medicine
- Certified Menopause Practitioner, North American Menopause Society
To schedule a personal consultation, call the office at 770-475-0077 today!